Le Relais de l’aube
Situated in the village of Villers Bretonneux, about 10 miles from the city of Amiens,close to several memorial sites of the Great War and five minutes from the Franco-Australian Museum, the Relais de l’Aube is ready to welcome you all the year round.François and Françoise invite you to share their family life in a country setting.
The Relais de L’Aube offers a family suite on the second floor of the house that can accomodate a family or just a couple.To add to your comfort, we speak french, english, german and spanish.
Villers Bretonneux is an indispensable halt on the Memory Route for tourists, situated in the pleasant Somme Valley, an ideal setting for a restful pause.
Walk round our pretty village and discover the Franco-Australian Museum, rich in the history of the area, where Lauren and Mélanie will be delighted to welcome you.
To welcome you as comfortable as possible, we offer :
- one room with large double bed and highest quality bedding.
- one room with two single beds.
- Private shower and toilet
- A small convertible sofa.
This suite is on the second floor.We also offer :
Wifi access and television.
Possibility to prepare hot drinks.
A quiet corner where you can relax and look at the family library.
- Room for one guest : bed and breakfast included : 50 Euros
- Room for two guests : Bed and breakfast included : 60 euros
- Extra room : Per night : 20 euros .
- Breakfast : 10 Euros per person
In September 30th our prices will change :
- Room for one guest : bed and breakfast included : 60 Euros
- Room for two guests : Bed and breakfast included : 70 euros
- Extra room : Per night : 30 euros .
- Breakfast : 10 Euros per person
An extra fare of 20 euros per room will be charged for booking on the ANZAC day 2018.
This is served in the dining room, or, weather permitting, on the terrace in the garden.
We serve :
- tea , coffee, hot chocolate .. according to your tastes
- fruit juice
- croissants, pains au chocolat
- yoghourt, cheese
- and, our special, home-made fruit cake!
Or , if you prefer, the perfect english breakfast: “everything is possible” with François and Françoise!
Discover our beautiful region :
- The beautiful city of Amiens about ten miles away has much to offer you. Apart from the world-famous Gothic Cathedral, there are museums to visit,” the Hortillonnages”, flowers and vegetable gardens on plots surrounded by canals, and in december a special Christmas market.
- There are several War Memorials and military Cemeteries from the Great War including one just ouside Villers Bretonneux.
- The Memorial of THIEPVAL
- The 1914-1918 Historical Centre of Peronne
- The underground Cave of Naours
- The prehistoric site of Samara.
And further away :
- The bay of the River Somme ( for the birds ) about an hour’s drive away on the motorway.
- The forest of Crecy
- The ancient Abbey of Saint Riquier
Situated in the centre of Villers Bretonneux, “Le Relais de l’Aube” will enable you to attend on the 25th April, every year, the Dawn Service, a moment of intense emotion celebrated before sunrise at 5.30 a.m. It commemorates the first attack, led by the australian and New zealand Army corps on the 25th April 1915 at Gallipoli in Turkey. This ceremony is a hommage to those brave soldiers who fought in the Great War.
Our Partners Websites
Discover the Australian Museum
Tourism Val de Somme
Organic Market Gardeners ( truck farmers)
Our address is : 18 rue d’Herville near the Museum and the Victoria School.Also near the A29 motorway which takes you to Amiens, or the TGV station going to Lille or the Airport Roissy Charles de Gaulle.
The nearby little town of Corbie has a rail link with Rouen, and the Railway station at Longueau (10 kilometers from Villers Bretonneux ) will enable you to get to Paris if you so wish.
18 rue d’Herville
80 800 Villers Bretonneux
+33 3 22 53 91 75 / +33 6 79 75 10 70